About Stabilised Sanitisers
Sanitisers when used correctly as part of a proper maintenance schedule will kill bacteria in your pool continuously.
There are two types of sanitisers Stabilised and Non-Stabilised. Below we will look at Stabilised Sanitisers and their advantages.
Stabilised Chlorine is a totally soluable granular chlorine with built in stabiliser.
- Provides crystal clear water due to no residue
- Economical – the built in stabiliser protects from the suns UV rays extending the time the chlorine remains in the water
- Will not cause scale build up
- Ideal for use with salt water chlorinators as a super shock dose
- Ideal to treat black spot algae in conjunction with a good algaecide
Stabilised Tablets (Trichlor) commonly referred to as ‘once a week’ tablets.
- Convenient and long lasting
- Eliminates daily dosing
- Easy to use – just add to a floating dispenser
- Economical – contains stabiliser to protect from the suns UV rays
- Can be used all year round
Stabilised Chlorines will reduce your pH and Total Alkalinity slowly, they are not suitable for indoor pools. Always take care when handling and storing all types of chlorine and always follow the instructions on the packaging.
We recommend that you obtain advice from your Pool Professional before adding any treatment to your pool or spa.